Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 6: Rose's Garden

Questions to Consider:

1.  Rose is an adventurer who collects seeds from her travels.  If you travelled, what would you collect and why?

2.  Rose has faith her garden will grow... even though she has to wait a long time!  Have you ever had to wait faithfully for something to happen in your own life?  Were you rewarded.... or are you still waiting?

3.  Rose's Garden is also a story of community.  How would you support someone like Rose?  Or how have you supported your community?

1 comment:

  1. In response to question 2, I have waited a whole 3 weeks living below the line of poverty for my history class only eating certain things that people in poverty will only be able to eat including, rice, banana sandwich, and a bowl a soup, I couldn't wait to eat regular. During that process it was hard to stop my daily diet to realize what others are going through. Yet, i pictured myself every 5min grabbing a burger from McDonald's to settle my stomach. It was 27 people who started off strong but only 6 remained for the entire experience including me. I was to my last week and realized that the process wasn't as bad as it seem. My stomach had become smaller and was use to the process and when we were finally done I couldn't finish the burger that I yearn for while in the process. Like Rose, faith had me grow as a person even though it took a long time to realize it.

    ReplyDelete